Why come to Southlands Senior School?
Even here in Rome, your child can benefit from a world-class education system with highly dedicated, qualified teachers.
Here are a few reasons:
- GCSEs: The General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) is an academically rigorous, widely used, and specialised English language curriculum which is offered to students to prepare them for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. GCSE courses are two-years and the final examinations, written by a series of independent experts, are taken when students are 16 years old.
- English GCSEs and IB Diploma qualifications: Worldwide recognition for their academic rigour and fairness. The UK consistently outperforms Italy in the PISA table for Maths, Science and Reading.
- Key Stage 3 curriculum and GCSEs focus: focus away from just the theoretical side of many subjects to teach students about real-world implications.
- UK Teaching & Learning Methodology:
– Active learning is learning which engages and challenges children’s thinking using real-life and imaginary situations.
– Co-operative and collaborative learning where learning is frequently most effective when learners have the opportunity to think and talk together, to discuss ideas, analyse and solve problems, without constant teacher mediation.
– ICT and Computing in education where students harness new information and communications technologies and the implications this has for their learning.
– Peer education: an approach where young people are actively involved in each other’s learning.